Guitar and Bass
Guitar Electric Bass
- Opened the Garrett Music Academy in April of 2004
- Has been teaching privately and lecturing since 1998, and has been a sought after motivational speaker for community events, radio, and television
- Published Author, Barclay Bryan, Wash DC.
- Recorded Books LLC. "Guitar Lessons That Work with Nick Garrett" DVD Available
- Toured and had a hit song with his band NGB
- Works with beginner, intermediate, advanced guitar and bass students. children and adults, novice and serious professional musicians
- Garrett also writes for local newspapers, has served and continues to serve on various boards and commissions.
- Click here to sample "guitar lessons that work" www.garrettbooksandmusic.com
- Go here to do a short video lesson with Nick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5qUfBtNjk
Guitar, Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Eastern String Instruments specialist in World Music
- Earned his undergraduate degree from the Berklee College of Music
- Earned his Masters Degree from The University of London
- Is a member of the Maryland Music Educators Association
- Has been teaching at the Garrett Music Academy since 2005
Guitar, Rock and Blues Expert
- Was the Director of Product Scheduling for PRS Guitars for 20 years
- Has an Associates of Arts degree in Music from Prince George’s Community College
- Teaches guitar – all genres: excellent with rock and blues
- Go here to do a short video lesson with Scott. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2097320949060
Guitar and Jazz Specialist
- Bachelor of Music, Rowan University
- Specializes in Jazz Style performance
- Participated and composed music with the Rowan Lab Band under the direction of Denis Diblasio.
- Principal Guitarist for the Rowan Jazz Band led by George Rabbai.
- Member of the Rowan University Guitar Quartet.
- Guitarist for the Rowan University Pep Band directed by Dr. John Pastin
| Barry Grubbs|
- Attended College of Southern Maryland For Music Theory, Ear Training and American Music History.
- Currently performs live weekly in the DMV area. Performances have included; Southern Maryland Blues Festival, Blues For The Cure Fundraiser, Wounded Warriors benefit, and local venues such as; Solomons Tiki Bar, Jake and Al's Chophouse, Ruddy Duck, Calvert Marina, Etc.
- Proficient in many styles including; Country, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Latin, Funk, Reggae, Etc. Specializes in Blues, Rock, Country/Rockablilly and Jamband Improv.