"Krista has been so great with our daughter helping her feel accomplished and challenged without overwhelming her." - Client testimonial
Piano and Voice
- Owner of the Garrett Music Academy.
- Graduated from Suitland School of Performing Arts for Piano and Vocal Performance.
- Received Bachelor's degree at University of Maryland.
- Received Master's degree at Johns Hopkins University for Developmental Psychology.
- Former adjunct professor at Mongomery College and College of Southern Maryland.
- Has taught private lessons at GMA for over 9 years.
- Director of the ARC of Southern Maryland theraputic music program
- Specializes in early childhood music and developmental and cognitive disability programs.
Piano and String Bass
- Mr. Resnick's father (who was his first teacher) attended Julliard and was an accomplished pianist. Bill started playing in junior high where he was a member of various Latin, Top 40, and Jazz Bands.
- Studied at the University of Miami and the University of Maryland for Upright Bass and Piano.
- Has been teaching private lessons at GMA since 2005. Taught piano technology at the University of Maryland.
- Has toured with the groups Heatwave, Memphis Gold, and Double Diggit. Has also played with Lew Rawls, Jaco Pastorius, Ira Sullivan, Millie Jackson, Marion Meadows and many other excellent musicians.
- Served 20 years as Concert Mistress for the United States Naval Academy Band.
- B.A. from Washburn University.
- Masters from Peabody Conservatory.
- Has taught privately for over 15 years.
Holds a Master of Music degree in Voice Pedagogy from Shenandoah University
Is an energetic young baritone who “[handles] his vocal chores flawlessly.”
Spends much of his time performing in and around the Baltimore and Washington metropolitan area.
Has experience teaching all varieties of music and a wide range of populations.
Spends a good deal of time teaching in the area, and is happy to be a part of the Garrett Music Academy staff.
"Mr. Brown has built an important rapport with my daughter when she needed an outlet most of all." - Megan T.
- Undergraduate degree from Westminster Choir College
- Graduate degree from Vienna Conservatory
- Performed at the Kennedy Center, lead roles in community operas
- Specializes in vocal performance
- Associates Degree from Brigham University, Idaho
- Teaching privately 20+ years, with over 500 students, comfortable with all ages
- Encourages and focuses heavily on duet performance to encourage listening skills and rhythms
- Integrates digital forms of instruction to assist those with learning disabilities